The CBOE will host its 29th annual Risk Management Conference from Sunday, March 3 through Tuesday March 5th, 2013, in Carlsbad, California. CBOE’s Risk Management Conference (RMC) is the most sophisticated event of its kind, providing end-users of equity derivatives with an educational forum to explore the latest policies, trends and techniques in risk management. Carlsbad is 30 minutes North of San Diego and 75 minutes South of Los Angeles.
Over 30 Top Professionals Present on Latest Trends in Risk Management
RMC is uniquely focused on ways to manage volatility and risk exposure and enhance yields through the practical application of financial derivatives. Sessions on this year’s agenda include:
- “Using Short Options Positions to Manage and Lower Volatility of an Equity Portfolio”
- “Trends in Institutional Options Usage”
- “Finding Options Where You Least Expect Them”
- “Managing Positions Pre and Post Trade”
- “Alpha Opportunities in Equity Derivatives Created by Macro Uncertainty”
- “Left and Right Tail Risk Hedging and Carry”
- “What Everyone Needs to Know About Listed Options Taxation”
The conference is tailored to financial professionals including pension plan sponsors, portfolio and mutual fund managers, investment advisors and consultants, hedge fund managers, insurance professionals and corporate financial executives.
Among 30 risk management practitioners presenting at RMC are:
- Spencer Cross, Co-Head Index Volatility Trading, Citigroup Global Markets
- Benjamin Bowler, Global Head of Equity Derivatives Research, BofA Merrill Lynch
- Zem Sternberg, Managing Partner, Lake hill Capital management
- Robert Gingrich, Risk Analyst, Western Asset Management
- Stephen Stone, Sr. VP, AIG Life and Retirement
- Sheldon Natenberg, Director of Education, Chicago Trading Company
- Victor Viner, President/CIO, V2 Capital
The three keynote speakers include William J Brodsky, CBOE Chairman and CEO; Dean Curnutt, CEO, Macro Risk Advisors and John Coates, Senior Research Fellow in Neuroscience & Finance, University of Cambridge.
Registration, a schedule of events and sessions, and a roster of speakers are available at www.cboermc.com
If you can not make it, we will be posting information about what you missed. So stay tuned!
(editors note: we will be blogging and reporting happenings from RMC starting this Sunday)