CBOE and Barron’s will broadcast a free, live webcast of a co-hosted symposium featuring key options industry figures discussing the 40th anniversary of CBOE and the U.S. options industry. The 90-minute webcast, broadcast live from CBOE, will begin at 4:15 p.m. CT on Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
The “40, 30, 20” panel discussion will highlight three major milestones in CBOE’s history:
- 40th anniversary of the creation of CBOE and the U.S. options industry in 1973
- 30th anniversary of index options trading in 1983
- 20th anniversary of the creation of the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) in 1993
Panelists will discuss how these innovations shaped today’s options markets and what the future may hold for the industry in the next 40 years.
The panel discussion, moderated by Barron’s Editor and President, Edwin Finn, features options industry leaders, market users and authors who have made significant contributions to the growth and development of the options industry:
- William Brodsky, Chairman and CEO, CBOE
- Buzz Gregory, Equity Derivatives Strategist, Goldman Sachs
- Lawrence McMillan, Founder, TheOptionStrategiest.com and President, McMillan Analysis
- Thomas Peterffy, Chairman and CEO, Interactive Brokers
- Myron Scholes, Professor of Finance, Emeritus, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Steven Sears, Author and Barron’s columnist
To view the webcast, CLICK HERE on Wednesday, May 22 at 415p CT.