The past few decades investors have written index options with the goals of strong returns and less volatility than related stock indexes.
Here are the closing values for five CBOE benchmark indexes that hit their all-time daily closing high values today —
- 1319.73 BXY – CBOE S&P 500 2% OTM BuyWrite Index
- 1309.04 PUT – CBOE S&P 500 PutWrite Index
- 400.01 BXN – CBOE Nasdaq BuyWrite Index
- 187.53 BXR – CBOE Russell 2000 BuyWrite Index
- 154.56 LOVOL – CBOE Low Volatility Index
As shown in the charts below, both the PUT and BXY indexes have had higher returns and lower volatility than the S&P 500 Index.
To learn more about CBOE’s benchmark indexes and to read white papers by BlackRock, Russell, and Ibbotson Associates, please visit www.cboe.com/benchmarks.