CBOE Holdings now offers Extended Trading Hours (ETH) on key popular index futures and options contracts — to provide investors with tools to hedge and to take advantage of market opportunities as they happen. www.cboe.com/ETH.
In recent days many investors have become concerned about falling share prices on stock exchanges in Asia, and on August 24 the trading volumes during ETH soared to 140,811 for VIX futures, 21,612 for VIX options and 8,407 for S&P 500 (SPX) options.
Updated values on 29 volatility indexes are at www.cboe.com/volatility.
PAPERS ON RISK MANAGEMENT
To learn more about use of SPX and VIX products for risk management, please click on the links to the papers below –
- Aon Hewitt. Harvesting the Equity Insurance Risk Premium: Know Your Options (December 2014)
- Asset Consulting Group. An Analysis of Index Option Writing for Liquid Enhanced Risk-Adjusted Returns (January 2012)
- Asset Consulting Group. Key Tools for Hedging and Tail Risk Management (February 2012)
- VIX Your Portfolio – Selling Volatility to Improve Performance (June 2013)
- Black, Keith and Edward Szado. Performance Analysis of Options-Based Equity Mutual Funds, CEFs, and ETFs (January 2015)
- Cambridge Associates, LLC. Highlights from the Benefits of Selling Volatility (2011)
- Hewitt EnnisKnupp. The CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Index (BXM) – A Review of Performance (2012)
- Russell Investments. Capturing the Volatility Premium through Call Overwriting. (July 2012)
- SIGLO Capital Advisors. “Rebalancing Using Options” (March 2014)
- University of Massachusetts. “VIX Futures and Options – A Case Study of Portfolio Diversification During the 2008 Financial Crisis” (July 2009) Two-page version; 43-page